Kothamalli thogayal is a very tangy and spicy one. Be it paruppu thogayal, onion thogayal or coconut thogayal my mom, sis and dad love thogayals a lot.
So here is the kothamalli thogayal recipe that i would like to share in my blog.
Cuisine: Indian Recipe Category: Thogayal
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking time: 10 mins Serves: 4
Kothamalli / Coriander leaves – 2 small bunch
Urad dal / Ulunnu / Ulundu paruppu – 2 tsp
Red chillies – 4
Tamarind – small lemon sized
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Salt – as needed ( i used 3 tsp)
Water – as needed (to grind)
- Remove the root part and the stem part of the coriander leaves, wash, chop and keep aside.
- Roast the urad dal and red chilies till golden brown.
- Once it cools down, grind the red chilies, tamarind and salt, chopped coriander leaves, roasted urad dal, two tbsp of water and grind to a coarse paste.
- Serve with rice or idly or dosas!
- You can keep the kothamalli thogayal in the refrigerator and use for 3-4 days. But it hardly lasts that long in my home!!