Mango is an all time favorite for me and my loved ones. So what better way than to indulge with more of mangoes in the name of mango halwa. It is quick and easy to make. I was not sure whether i would be able to cut into pieces, but to my surprise i sliced the halwa into perfect pieces and they tasted just delicious 🙂
Cuisine: Indian Recipe Category: Sweets / Desserts
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 30 – 40 mins Serves: 4
Mango – 5
Corn flour – 1/2 cup
Cardamom pods – 2, powdered
Ghee – 5 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup (adjust as per the sweetness of the mangoes)
- Wash the mangoes, pat dry, peel and cut into cubes. In a blender, blend well. If need be, add a little water while blending.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat ghee. Let it melt. Then pour the mango pulp, add sugar and stir well for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then pour in the corn flour mix little by little and keep stirring continuously on a medium flame (Stir continuously to avoid the formation of lumps).
- Once it thickens and starts to leave the pan, add a little more ghee, powdered cardamom and give one complete stir. By now, the quantity will be reduced. Switch off the stove.
- Remove from the stove and pour this over the greased tray. Allow it cool for at least 1 to 2 hours and cut them into pieces or cubes and serve. Enjoy!
- Cook the halwa on a medium flame to avoid burning of the halwa at the bottom of the pan.
- If you want, you can add ghee fried cashews or pistachios or raisins or sliced almonds before allowing it to set in the greased tray. I just kept it simple and relished the taste of mangoes alone.
- Instead of sugar, you can add sweetened condensed milk.